Hiring Notice of Zhejiang Normal University, China
2016-2017 Academic Year
Position: English language and culture teacher
Possible courses include: College English, Academic Writing, Cross-cultural communication, Oral English, and many others.
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher
2. Native speaker of English
3. For applicants without a TESOL/TEFL degree, at least 2 years teaching experience Or a 120 hour TEFL/TESOL/TESL certificate.
Work load: 14-16 periods of teaching per week (period is 40 minutes)
Term: Depending on the courses taught, the contract period is from September 1, September 15 or October 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017.
Bachelor’s degree: starting at 5,000 yuan/month
Master’s degree: starting at 5,500 yuan/month
Doctoral degree: starting at 7,000 yuan/month
2. An economy class round trip air-ticket (not to exceed 10,000 yuan) will be covered by the university.
3. An additional 2,200 yuan for vacation allowance will be offered by the university when a one year contract is successfully finished.
4. A well-furnished free residence is provided by the university
5. Health insurance package
6. Free Chinese classes offered by the university
1. Cover letter and Resume or CV
2. Electronic scan of highest level diploma
3. Electronic scan of TEFL/TESOL/TESL certificate if applicable
Zhejiang Normal University was founded in 1956. As one of the five key provincial universities designated in March of 2015, ZJNU specializes in teacher education with multiple branches of learning. The university consists of 18 colleges covering 68 undergraduate programs with an enrollment of over 25,700 undergraduates, and 5,200 graduate students. Among the total staff of 2,840, there are 1,580 full-time teachers, including 330 full professors and 750 associate professors. In recent years, ties of academic exchange and cooperation have been set up between this university and over 140 foreign universities and institutes in more than 50 countries. There are about 70 long term or short-term foreign teachers and experts working on the campus every year.
The main campus is located in the northern suburbs of Jinhua City in the center of Zhejiang Province, about 400 kilometers southwest of Shanghai (two and a half hours by high-speed train). Jinhua, with a population of 600,000, is one of the four major cities in the province. It is an important communication hub, with highways and railways linking to all parts of the province as well as to the other parts of the country.
Zhejiang Normal University covers an area of over 2 square kilometers. The campus, cloaked with green everywhere, is an ideal place for living, study and work. Near the campus are numerous shops and restaurants; in the downtown area are large supermarkets and other stores.
To apply, please email the application documents to Ms. Fang Liang or Ms. Jing Xiaoping:
Ms. Fang Liang or Ms. Jing Xiaoping, International Office
Tel: +86-579-82283890, 82283889
Address: 688 Yingbin Avenue, Jinhua City, Zhejiang Province 321004, P.R. of China